Certified Hyperbaric Technician
|Job Title:||Certified Hyperbaric Technician|
|Company Name:||Newton Medical Center||
View all company jobs
View company profile
|Location:||COVINGTON, GA, United States|
|Degree Required:||High School|
|Date Posted:||Oct 6, 2009|
|Note: Please read the complete description below before applying for this job.|
The Hyperbaric Technical shall assume complete responsibility for the safe and effective operation, control, and maintenance of the Hyperbaric Chamber systems and all supporting components. He/She shall make necessary recommendations for departmental safety policies and incorporate new safety procedures as appropriate. He/She shall have the authority to restrict and remove any potentially hazardous supply or equipment items from hyperbaric environment.
The Hyperbaric Technician shall act as the departments representative for chamber system maintenance and be the resource for resolving safety related issues for the Hyperbaric Department. He/She shall provide leadership for the technical personnel and supervise their standards for the Departments training and qualification program relating to safe operation of the chamber system.
KEY JOB AREA: TASKS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Certification as a Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT).
2. Provides documentation or credentials of graduation from an accredited school of EMT (Basic) or equivalent medical training. Minimum of one year of clinical hyperbaric systems operation is preferred. Qualification as a U.S. Navy Deep-Sea Diving Medical Technician or Special Operations Technician will be considered as equivalent. Must attend a UHMS approved hyperbaric course
3. Must possess good verbal and written communications skills.
4. Three to five years experience in compression chamber operations, a strong working
knowledge of NFPA99 Chapter 19, PVHO I, CGA and other hyperbaric safety code
5. Preferred background in the military or commercial diving field with a documented
knowledge of decompression tables and procedures or equivalent.
6. Comprehensive specific training and experience in chamber maintenance, including a
demonstrated mechanical background.
7. Possesses the ability to physically meet the strenuous demands required of the job.
8. Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions independently.